Saturday 26 July 2014

Blog Awards Ireland...I've made the long list!


blog awards ireland

I'm delighted to have made the long list for the Blog Awards Ireland, in the "Personal Blog" category

I have to thank Aoife for nominating me, although I kind of pushed her to do it. I even threatened not to bring her any biscuits back from Brittany if she didn't!

The truth is, I was allowed to nominate myself, but I'm crap at self-promotion. I hate begging for likes, comments, votes and so on. In short, I don't want to bother people. If someone wants to read my blog, great. I'm always happy with new readers and feedback. If not, well, I won't take offence. Not everyone wants to read about the stories of a French mum living in Ireland. And I can understand that.

The good thing about the Awards is that the winners are not chosen by a public vote, but by judges. There will be no "Pleeeaaaase vote for me!" on Facebook. For the next few weeks I will only have to concentrate on my writing. And maybe make my blog look a bit better! 

Today, I spend most of my days reading all the other blogs in my category and made some amazing discoveries. I didn't suspect there were so many interesting Irish blogs!

Thanks to everybody who reads my blog  and good luck to all the nominees, roll on the next few weeks, I can't wait to see if I make the short list!